Wednesday 11 September 2013

Lose weight the healthy way: part 1



Center your attention on health 
Not enough of us seeking to lose a few pounds do this; the main focus is primarily what the scales tell you in the morning and how much further those “one-size-too small” motivational jeans fit, agreed? This is a recipe for disaster when it comes to maintaining the results you are looking for. Not only this but if you concentrate on health you will feel more comfortable, energetic and prevent those nasty colds and bugs, and superficially skin, hair and nails will noticeably improve all going hand in hand with (hopefully) permanent weight loss.



 Water, water and more water- I cannot stress enough how good/essential water is when it comes to keeping healthy and losing weight! The reasons for this are endless:
 1)to replenish the water lost naturally during any kind of weight loss,
2) to counteract dehydration which slows the fat burning process,
3) for easier digestion, 
4)water makes you more alert, this is because dehydration can cause a reduction in blood volume and therefore less oxygen reaching the muscles causing fatigue,
5) water helps the joints which is a benefit when combined with exercise, 
6)benefits for the skin, hair and nails, 
7)water before eating can often curb hunger. I could go on! I usually aim for between 1.5 to 2 liters of water a day, or more if working out, but my tip would be to always have a water bottle with you.
If you don't enjoy the taste of water, why not try it with fruit?



Stop starving yourself
This is a piece of advice I wish I’d listened to before now! Starving yourself is one of the worst things you could do and comes with horrible consequences to your body with not a lot of good to show at the end of it. Starving yourself is counterproductive and can lead to heart problems, anemia and therefore severe fatigue, stomach problems, damage to your metabolism and hair and bone loss.


I had numerous people telling me this before but didn't want to believe it until i started learning about Leptin. Leptin is a hormone that mediates long-term regulation of energy balance in the body. It suppresses food intake and thereby induces weight loss. It is linked closely to metabolism and so if Leptin levels fall, in theory, so will your metablism. When you diet and starve your body leptin which is sometimes refered to a the satiety hormone will also reduce and therfore so will your metabolism, and instead of losing weight, after the initial adjustment period you will gain weight. 

There are many foods that can help towards increasing leptin levels or make the body more sensitive to the leptin signals. Do Your research, eat the right number of calories, but the right calories. (fruit and veg are a good starting point)


  I hope these help follow for more!

start your Health journey today!


4 comments:

  1. Thank you for this post! I'm trying to lose weight and the pounds have been slowly dropping off the past few months. Just a shame the warm weather is fading as I always feel more motivated to exercise when it's sunny! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey thank you for your comment :) I have managed to lose nearly 2 stone in the last 2 years but its actually been over like month periods i have done it. My boyfriend is a personal trainer as well so was the one who told me diets do not work!!
    i know agreed! do you have a gym? I find that what we eat is most important. I know base everything on leptin :) i will follow your blog and can chat :)I will give you my food diary and you can tell me how you get on!
    Best of luck!
    Anna xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad I found your blog! I really get a positive and inspiring feeling from not only the blog but your writing.
    I have nominated you for a Liebster Award. You can find this on my blog post here; http://stephanieheva.blogspot.com/2013/09/feeling-love-liebster-nomination.html
    Much Love,
    -Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you that really means a lot!! (I try be myself through writing but it can be hard!)

      Thanks so much i will check it out!!

      Kind thoughts,

      Anna xo

      Delete